Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Save Money on Cute Lanterns DIY

Simple, easy and cheap... that's what I'm all about.

I love lanterns... they are just so cute. Fortunately, I found cute black lanterns at the dollar store for $2.00 each. They were metal and had glass windows that could be removed. PERFECT. I didn't really like the black, so I decided to spray paint them white, and it worked out REALLY well!


Prepping for spray painting. I bought a matte spray paint from Home Depot HERE.


All prepped and ready to spray. Just grab a drop sheet/newspaper and set up in a ventilated space and spray away. It's best to do 2 coats... spray once, let it dry, then spray. If you spray to close, the paint can run and it will look like the paint is melting. I recommend testing spray distances on your first lantern (or other object) before spraying the rest of them. Also, make sure to cover the ENTIRE lantern.

There were 2 different styles of lanterns as well. One was cylindrical, and the other, rectangular.


I'm definitely blessed to have such an amazing man in my life. He helps me out with my crafty things and is really great with his hands. He helped out whenever he could with wedding DIY's. God has blessed me RICHLY with Travis.


 After you let it dry and assemble the glass pieces again, this easy project is DONE! Just light a tea candle (IKEA always has cheap tea lights), close the door and enjoy your lantern.


We put our lanterns on our head table to decorate it up a little bit more because we had a lot of decorations on the guests tables. It was great to have such an lovely decoration at the wedding without breaking the bank.


I hope you enjoyed a little piece of what we put into the wedding!



No comments:

Post a Comment